Friday, May 27, 2011

Moving On...

Tonight is Graduation.
No, I'm not graduating. I've still got a few years here before I graduate.
But some of my closest friends are.
There's a time in everyone's life when they meet someone and develop a relationship with them, only to have them vanish from their lives.
And that leaves a hole.
A hole in the woodwind section.
A hole in the worship band.
A hole in our Bible class.
A hole in our hearts.
Thankfully, with Facebook, we can keep up with those people.
But it's not the same as seeing them face to face.
Lately, I've found myself wondering,
"Who's going to make sure I'm alright during band practice?"
"Who's going to help lead worship band?"
"Who am I going to run to talk to after school?"

We all have those people.

But God always brings someone to fill that hole.
Those people can never be replaced, but God puts someone there to check on us at band practice.
God puts someone there to help with worship band.
God puts someone there to talk to.

Maybe people leaving is a sign that it's time for us to step up.
We can be the one to check on people at band practice.
We can help lead worship band.
And We can be there to talk to someone.

So, as sad as it is to see them go, We can be confident that God will bring someone just as awesome to replace them (I used replace for lack of a better word. We all know that those people can't be replaced.)

So as the old familiar tune of "Pomp and Circumstance" begins, let's remember that this shouldn't be a time of sadness. Those people are moving on, towards whatever God has next in their plan. Shouldn't we celebrate with them? It may be a scary looking road ahead, but we'll make it.

"In all things, we know that God works for the good of those who love Him."


Melissa, Jessica, Mrs. P: This one's for you.

Love You All,
SarahCate:D

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing...it makes me miss you even more, girl. You ARE ready to step up, even if you don't always feel like you are - and I'm so excited to see what God does in your life, because I know you'll let Him do what He needs to do. You are such a great big light at school, and man, they need that. I am super proud of you and who you are and who I know you'll be. And don't you forget it.
    -Mrs. P.

    ReplyDelete